Saturday, July 11, 2009

B-Boy and Korean Pop Music


July 11th, 2009...

Last night we went to a B-Boy performance. As described in the brochure, B-boy is a "newborn special performance of modern - ballet, B-boying, Lockin', Pop-pin', Jazz-dance with costume using electricity and wire equipment". It's mainly a group of males who breakdance and do all kinds of crazy pop and lock moves to some intense music, ranging from hip hop to Celine Dion. Yes, Celine Dion....and LeAnn Rimes. The best part of the performance was watching the teenage girls around the stage screaming and giggling whenever any of the guys came close to them. It reminded me of the days when my school-girl friends and I would get all googly-eyed over the latest boy bands. Oh the days of All-4-One and N*Sync... I'll admit that I even came back to my dorm and listened to "It's Tearing Up My Heart" and "I Swear". I smiled as I listened and reminisced...and I am not ashamed of it! At least I didn't open up my old Spice Girls album... at least not today!

No comments:

Post a Comment