Thursday, July 23, 2009

Making Connections

July 21st, 2009...

One of the most fascinating and appealing attributes of a person is to discover what they are passionate about. Whether or not I share in that same passion is irrelevant, because it is their sheer excitement that fascinates me and captures my attention. We can make connections with others simply by taking an interest in the parts of life in which they find meaningful. I think that the greatest connection you can make with another person is when you come to find that you share the same passion. I love that moment in a conversation when two people realize they have something in common, especially with those little qualities we all have that seem rare and unique only to us. To come to find that another person enjoys the same thing, has the same quirky trait, or has shared in the same experience is what makes interactions so appealing!

One of the best parts of this whole trip has been discovering those connections with people all over the world, whom have had such unique upbringings compared to my own. This is the part of my adventure I will not forget; this is the part that I believe will resonate within me. I think it's people who really make life meaningful. There are plenty of aesthetically beautiful places in our world and I am so thankful to have been able to explore more of them this summer, but those places will eventually lose their grandeur and appeal over time. We can walk the same streets over and over again or see the same sites day in and day out, and the history of it will always stay the same. That is in fact why it is called history. On the other hand, people will always be compelling, because they have a constant capacity for growth. No matter how long we have known a person or how much we have shared, there's always more beneath the surface. There's always more to explore. We are not stagnant; we are full of energy, emotions, and life and everyday we have the opportunity to learn and continue to grow into the best versions of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment