Monday, July 6, 2009

Travel Tip #1

July 7th...

Travel Tip #1:

When traveling to another country it is vital that one acquires a converter for all of his/her electronic equipment, due to the variations in voltage power.

You may be thinking to yourself that you were already aware of that fact. My response to those of you who were previously aware, is that I blame you for keeping that useful secret from me. What am I blaming you for exactly? Well, let me tell you.

So, about four days after I arrived in Jyvaskyla, Finland, the summer school organized a dinner for all of us. I knew that some of the girls were going to change into nicer clothes for the event, so in keeping with that I thought I would also doll up a bit. I put on some makeup, changed my clothes, and was going to attempt to maybe add a little curl to my hair. I plugged in my curling iron, waited a few minutes, and attempted to style my hair. Naturally, the first section of hair I intended to curl under would be the small section of bangs that I like to swoop over my forehead. So I gathered my bangs, wound them through my curling iron, and.....POOF!!....no more bangs. I removed my curling iron to find my hair fried off inside of it.

At this point I try to cover up the results of my lack of knowledge on various voltage power outlets, by pulling my hair back completely or doing my own variation of the "comb-over". Either way, it gives me a little chuckle each time I think about it. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment