Monday, May 18, 2009

Ambien

Sunday, May 17

14:39... or 2:39pm ( I just discovered that people here also speak like we do regarding time...they only write it with the 24-hour symbols...whew! I can change my watch back!)

On Saturday night, Johannes (my Finnish friend from PSU) took me on a short tour around Jyvaskyla - a town of about 150,000 people. He allowed me to stay at his apartment while he slept at a friend's house, so that I could get a good night's rest. We chatted awhile, but I'll admit that all I could anticipate was sleep! Once he left I decided to take the doctor's advice and take an Ambien so that I could sleep and decrease the amount of jet lag. Having never taken that before, I took half a tablet. About 10 minutes later I thought I'd write Jason an email...which was a bad decision! I think I may have been coherent during the first part of the letter, but I honestly have no idea what I wrote or how I managed to fall asleep that night! Strong medication! What I do remember is waking up very cheerily, thinking that I must have gotten a good night's rest because the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. I was sorely mistaken...it was 3AM. I went to sleep at 11:30...this is not what I envisioned! This city doesn't go dark for more than a few hours! This may be an adjustment!

No comments:

Post a Comment