Saturday, May 16, 2009

DAY ONE...Walter Matthau vs. Jack Lemmon..

Friday, May 15th
10 48am...I'm sitting in the terminal and the plane has been delayed another hour, so I of course must take out my travel itinerary and stare at it for 10 minutes to make sure I have enough time to get from one place to another. In some ways I'm like Walter Matthau from Odd Couple II, who flies by the seat of his pants so to speak, and doesn't worry about the fine details (a characteristic about myself that drives my brother Brian nuts!). In other ways, I'm like Jack Lemmon, checking my watch and reading over my itinerary with a crazy obsessive compulsiveness. Right now, staring out the window and looking for the plane, I am Jack.

11 28...the gosh darned plane has arrived. I can go back to being Walter. Whew!
(sunset over the Atlantic)
12 05...this is surreal. Ive never experienced flying in the clouds like this! Its a bit stormy and the clouds are so abundant. Just the other night, Jason and I were talking about how humbled we feel watching a powerful lightning storm, realizing just how little we are in life. Well this is certainly another reminder of that. This is amazing!

14 08...I am seated on my Boeing 777 and I am blown away! Its HUGE!! I feel like such a nerd because I couldn't stop smiling at all the people as I walked to my seat. Judging by the looks on their faces, they didn't share my level of enthusiasm. I have a feeling this is the beginning of the wondering looks I'm going to receive throughout the course of my travel. I cant wait!

3 comments:

  1. Fluffy clouds over the ocean at sunset/sunrise is maybe the only thing I love about flying... hope you get a window seat on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, it was just so beautiful! I took pictures and if I figure out how to post them I will! I am hoping for a window seat too, because even though I made friends with my seat neighbor, I felt a little awkward leaning over her to look out the window all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To post a picture, download your pics from your camera to your computer. Then when you are composing a new blog post there is a button on the tool bar indicating a picture. You can upload your picture there and choose which side to put your photo on for your blog.

    Hopefully that wasn't confusing and you understood. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete