Friday, June 26, 2009

Cheers 'ol Buddy!

June 22nd...

11:50am...
I am currently on a ferry in Helsinki and on my way to Suomanlinna - a sea fortress on an island that was build after WWII. It's about 18 C and perfectly sunny and peaceful. Today is my last day with Tracey, and the finale to our week and a half long traveling adventure. It's really kind of funny how things worked out. Tracey and I are two very different people, but yet, we work. We like to describe ourselves by our two destinations, in the fact that I am Ireland and she is Finland. I love to talk to everyone (sometimes too much) and make friends with random strangers, while she prefers to have her bubble and be content. In the beginning, I don't think either of us knew how exactly our trip together would go; however, the moment that we entered Derek's funhouse house in Ireland, I knew that this was going to be an exciting adventure! We spent 10 days just doing whatever we wanted to do, exploring completely unknown territory just as we desired. Just like it's always been my dream to see Ireland, it's been one of her dreams to see Finland. Bless her heart, I dragged her to every single monument, church, sculpture, and landmark of any sort ALL over Dublin...and she just smiled and followed along. Actually, she would find it on the map and guide me...because we all know how poorly I am with directions. Then during Helsinki, I was able to do the same for her, and it was a blast! So to my Canadian friend (who seriously needs to learn to pronounce her words correctly! :), I can't wait to see you again one day! (If our luck runs right...we have until June 18, 2010). Cheers! (And stay out of the tabloids!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment