Sunday, June 21, 2009

A True Irish Experience



June 15th...

We went on a tour today! It was wonderful to actually learn the history of all the main buildings, sculptures, and events that led to the Ireland that is today. I now feel less like a typical tourist and more like part of the city. We walked into a bar in the Temple Bar district and sat with a bunch of middle-aged men and women from New Castle, England. They just invited us to pull up a chair, try some Guinness, and watch the local Irish band. It was just the type of experience I wanted. I couldn't believe I was in downtown Dublin at a local bar, listening to a band play "Oh Danny Boy" live. The one complaint I do have...is one that will probably get me banned from Ireland forever...which is the Guinness. I have one word for this beer, and that is: icky. It was absolutely disgusting! Moving on... Tracey and I developed a new mission for our lives...which is to be Ice Cream Connoisseurs. We've sampled many delicious flavors and brands over the past month, and thought we should make a hobby of it. I imagine that we'll probably use the money we save by living in Derek's playhouse, and spend it on ice cream. That's how I like to spend my money personally. So today, we tried "gelato" at a local ice cream parlor. I got two scoops of course, which were chocolate and nutella, and I was very excited to review this delicassy. We decided that it was definitely too pricey and the scoops were far too small... and thus we are continuing on our mission to find the best the world can offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment